According to the Florida Bar,
” April Charney of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid will be the featured speaker at a February 25 seminar in Sarasota designed for all attorneys interested in learning how to handle defense of foreclosure cases.
The seminar is free to all attorneys who accept at least one pro bono case. The cost for lunch is $15.
Seven hours of CLE credits have been applied for which will include one ethics credit.
Registration for the seminar begins at 8:30 a.m., and the seminar begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, February 25, at the Hilton Garden Inn located at 8270 North Tamiami Trail in Sarasota.
• Federal laws that govern mortgage originating and servicing;
• Laws and regulations that govern mortgage lending and servicing;
• Understanding loan documents, origination, and closing process;
• Servicing problems
• Common law/state law causes of action and affirmative defenses;
• Drafting discovery/motion practice.
If you would like to attend contact Atheia Inman via e-mail at Atheia.Inman@jaxlegalaid.org”